IIf you are looking for a recipe to make keto waffles using almond flour, this is the best almond flour keto waffles ever. I say this because I experimented with this keto recipe for quite some time trying to come up with a recipe that was both keto and that I actually enjoyed.
If you\’re used to reading long-winded keto recipes that go on and on with BS you could care less about, this post is going to be different. See Google loves when a recipe post contains a high word count and has keywords incorporated in it — like \”almond flour keto recipes\” or \”the best keto waffles with almond flour.\” I am going to spare you the BS that I know you don\’t feel like reading and get straight to the point. You can read my recipe below, but if you want something more from this post keep reading.
Almond Flour Keto Recipe
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp stevia
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Separate egg whites from eggs.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tarter. Beat until white fluffy peaks form. (Like you\’re making a meringue)
- In seperate bowl mix eggs yolks and remaining ingredients.
- Then fold in the egg whites slowly.
- I used about 1/3 cup batter per waffle. Top with berries of choice mashed or unmashed berries with or without liquid stevia) and whipped cream.
- *berries and whipped cream can put you over on carbs. Only use 1 or 2 tbs of each Adjust your portion size to meet your macro goals.
Servings !2, 189 calories, 4 net carbs, 15g of fat, 8.5 g of protein
Why I love these keto waffles?
This morning I woke up feeling low. I started using the keto diet to treat my bipolar disorder. It has been very effective, but eating keto for three years can get boring. You don\’t get to eat sweets when you do keto and waffles are one of my favorite breakfast foods. I played around with this recipe for a while to create something I like. I was kind to you and skipped right to the recipe, but I hope you will keep reading.
You see if you don’t love yourself and add self-care into your life, you will be miserable. I don\’t just follow the ketogenic diet to improve my health, I follow it for my mental well-being. Part of being mentally healthy is eating things you love and making time for yourself.
How a batch of almond flour keto waffles can make your whole day better
Please let me know what you think of my almond flour keto waffles in the comments. Are they the best keto waffles you\’ve ever made?