I\’ve been working on this recipe for weeks. I wanted to make chocolate muffins that were keto, but also had zucchini and avocado in them. I am making these for my kids so I wanted to sneak in some veggies and healthy fats. I\’d like to give credit to Keto Connect though, because after trying to make these a bunch of times I decided to use their method for making bread in this recipe and it helped make them so much fluffier. Here is a link to the best keto bread recipe I have found. I used their egg white method for this recipe.
I love these muffins in the morning when I\’m on the go. They are not super sweet but they are chocolatey, moist, and have only 3 net carbs per serving.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup of stevia extract
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips
- 6 eggs (separated into egg whites and yolks)
- 1 cup of shredded zucchini (about 1 1/2 cups sliced)
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
Instructions for making Chocolate Zucchini Keto Muffin
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Mix all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
3. Shred zucchini in food processor. Then puree 1 cup of shredded zucchini and 1/2 cup of mashed avocado in food processor. Add zucchini/avocado puree, 6 egg yolks, vanilla extract, melted butter and coconut oil, 1/4 cup of sugar-free chocolate chips. Mix well.
4. In a separate bowel add cream of tarter to separated egg whites and beat with a mixer until it has fluffy peaks.
5. Combine the egg whites into your chocolate mixture with a spoon. Gently fold together. You don\’t want to overmix it.
6. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Line with cupcake liners. Spray the liners. Then add your chocolate batter and top cupcakes with remaining sugar-free chocolate chips.
7. Bake in oven for about 40 minutes.